Hi, I’ve a couple of questions on the Index - our group are looking to switch over at some point, to tally with those of us who have club WHS handicaps.
Would be interested on your thoughts in due course,
many thanks, R
- the text block on the handicap index page, says “based on your X best of X rounds”: is this 8 from 20 (once you’ve played 20)?
- there’s a typo in the Current Golfshake Handicap section: “existence for several year’'s” doesn’t need an apostrophe
- my Index is shown as 11.2 … but the average of the best 8 “Round HCP” scores is 11.4. n.b. There are 10 rounds marked with the icon for “used in the Index calculation” but the average of those 10 is 11.7 [7.0,10.5,11.8,12.0,12.2,12.2,12.7,12.7,12.7,12.8]
- the Diff Rating for a course isn’t consistent: e.g Cranham shows 124 (20 Sep, 3/4 Oct) but 113 later (27 Apr)
- the Diff Rating for Prince’s (Shore/Dunes) is 116 - yet Stockwood Park is 142. Prince’s is a tough links course whereas Stockwood is a more generous track. Are such anomalies to be expected?