Club Membership 2021

So true and lots out there. Clubs do need support to some degree and some do need to adapt, as businesses, to meet the requirements of the modern day consumer but thankfully over the last 3-5 years lots have.

If you are local to a chain you can get some great options which also incorporate leisure facilities and if you are near a few PlayMoreGolf venue syou get a decent option with the points based system.

Ultimately though if you play a lot of golf, want access to practice facilities, want some regular competition and don’t mind playing the same course frequently then nothing beats the value of golf club membership.

New article here in relation to this and feedback on a new service which hopes to make golf a lot more ‘social’ for those new to a club

How should the nation welcome President Trump back to the coronavirus task force after his three-month golf vacation?

hi Gaz
our society is coming to Oulton Hall in a couple of weeks, any advice re the course ?
Cheers Ian

@JVswinger which loops are you playing? @GazRhino

Hi.
There are 27 holes so you could be playing 1 of 3 combinations.

19-27 is the 9 that most visitors want to play as the 3rd green is in front of the hotel.
In general the course is in great condition (except for the bunkers and some areas that haven’t recovered from the bad winter we had) the greens are not that quick compared to some courses I have played this year, but hopefully this will improve next year when new Greenkeeping equipment comes.
The greens mostly look flat, but they do have some deceptive breaks in them.
Fairway markers are to the front of the green (this catches quite a few people out under clubbing).
If your staying over… there are a few pubs within walking distance from the end of the drive.
Have a great time.

1 Like

hi Gaz
many thanks, im not sure what loops we are playing tbh but those that fairway markers info is very useful as i would have naturally thought they were to the centre.
yes we are staying over, having dinner at the hotel and breakfast before the following days texas scamble, just hopewe get some calm sunny weather
Cheers Ian

1 Like

how much time do you people have played golf after coronavirus has ended in your country…

I took golf membership last year and it ruined my other life stuff as I spend my whole day in golfing :slight_smile:

thanks, need this, will try this soon

We will shortly be running a new survey on golf club membership. Look out for the post shortly for your feedback, thanks!

Can we start a 2024 option? I moved in 2023 from my main membership to OPENS only with a £37 membership

played 45 events this year spend over £1300 £400 less than previous year and had some great adventures, one being the EDEN trophy @ St Andrews. handicap moved the wrong way but we are always learning about the golf game. go well in 2024 all

remember: most clubs don’t like or let Igolf members play so that’s not an option

1 Like

New post here: